SITAEL is a main sub-contractor for safety solutions for some of the leading railways and rolling stock manufacturers. The deep knowledge of the railway industry allows SITAEL to provide customers with enhanced safety features and innovative solutions in Diagnostic/Signalling Systems and Applications.
SITAEL was involved into the development of the most advanced train control and railway diagnostic systems, such as Automatic Train Protection systems and Opto-Electronic sensors.
In Feasibility Study for new product definition SITAEL assists its customers during all the life cycle of their products. SITAEL analyzes the system requirements and produces a “conceptual design document” to present to the customer the possible solutions. If relevant, a preliminary hazard analysis is discussed at this stage. Once agreed to the concept, the system development is typically activated.
During the following phase of Systems Development (hardware, firmware, software), Sitael defines the Product Requirements and Architecture Specifications according to Railway Standards, preparing the whole set of documentation describing requirements, structure, behavior and more views of the system under development.
According to the system the technical specifications :
- the Hardware Design Team develops the hardware platforms (CPU, FPGA, ANALOG and DIGITAL FRONT END, RF, ANTENNA and LASER) using the CADENCE’s suite.
- the Firmware Design Team develops VHDL code for devices like XILINX, ALTERA, MICROSIM and LATTICE. The development foresees functional VHDL simulation and VHDL simulation post layout and timing analysis.
- the Software Design Team develops for embedded systems device drivers and basic real-time applications, PC test applications for analysis and Log Data. The development of embedded systems involves the use of dedicated compilers such as IAR and systems real time type uC-OS / II. For the development of PC is used VISUAL STUDIO and NATIONAL INSTRUMENT.
Following the System development the PCB Layout Design is realized considering the DFM/DFT best practices before starting the Mechanical design.
Specific attention is dedicated to V&V life cycle management according to standard CENELEC. In fact SITAEL systems are homologated for Safety Applications by a third Body according to a life cycle that, provides advanced verification techniques such as Safety Analysis / Hazard Analysis; Fault Tree Analysis; Safety Case; Production of the set of documents according to standard CENELEC; verification of the requirements of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS).
Thanks to these activities the systems are verified and compliant to EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129. Latest in order activities are dedicated to Functional, Environmental and EMC tests with the Rapid prototyping
The production phase is executed involving techniques such as:
- Surface Mount (SMT) and through-hole (THT) technologies;
- Conformal coating and special treatments;
- Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI) and X-Ray (XCT) control;
- In Circuit (ICT) and Functional (FCT) test;
Typically, Once the System assembly phase is completed a Custom tailored test design and execution is developed and run.
After Sales Support
All activities are rolled out next to our customers from the design to the deployment of the system. The relation with customer and its satisfaction are the central point and the after sales services play an essential role, in terms of support for maintenance, frame logistic contract for the management of final user support, Delivery of replacement parts / low volume production and , in general, any need that may rise from the customer side during this phase